Leslie A. Satterlee
Professional associations and memberships
- Ronald McDonald House, Red Shoe Society Member, 2013 to present
- State Bar of Arizona, Family Law Practice and Procedure Committee, Member, 2013 - 2016
- Maricopa County Bar Foundation, Board Member, 2013
- MCBA Young Lawyers Division, Chair, 2012, Board Member, 2008 - 2013
- MCBA Family Law Section, Chair, 2011, Director, 2008 - 2012
- Legal Assistance to Women and Shelters (LAWS), 2009 - present
Mrs. Satterlee, an attorney with Gregg R. Woodnick PLLC, has been practicing family law exclusively since graduating cum laude from ASU’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Known for her exclusive dedication to family law -- and in particular the financial matters of divorce -- Mrs. Satterlee offers a host of creative solutions that brings satisfaction to her clients. She’s counseled in a wide variety of divorce scenarios, from divorces for military families that call for long-distance and deployment-compatible parenting plans, to divorces for business-owning families that require valuation, asset division, and forensic accounting, to divorces for families embroiled in bankruptcy and criminal matters.
“She’s got heart and compassion,” said one former client, “and yet she’s all-business. I’ve never experienced anything quite like it. There were times throughout the process when I lost track and started to get emotional, but Leslie kept the conversation on-topic with a gentle, sympathetic hand. She made sure I got the very most out of our time together, which was a pleasant surprise. I’ve never heard of a lawyer doing that.”
In her free time, Mrs. Satterlee enjoys eating out, craft beers, running, and CrossFit, volunteering for the MCBA’s Legal Assistance to Women and Shelters, and volunteering for non-profits like the Ronald McDonald House's Red Shoe Society.
When asked what she couldn't live without, there was no hesitation.
“Chai tea lattes,” she said.
Honors and awards
- Super Lawyers’ Rising Star, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- State Bar of Arizona Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- MCBA Young Lawyer Division, Member of the Year, 2009
- ASU College of Law Pro Bono Distinction, Class of 2006, 2011