Complex Child Custody
Complex custody is a term of art used to refer to parenting issues that do not fall squarely into the pattern of a shared parenting schedule following a divorce. These are often issues that involve parental fitness, drug abuse and child abuse/neglect. Child Protective Services may have been involved based on allegations of abuse or maltreatment.
We have been involved in all levels of complex custody litigation throughout Arizona as well as interstate and international (Hague) issues.
- Munchausen’s Syndrome: Representation of mothers accused of abusing children via factitious disorders.
- Medical neglect: Representation of parents accused of failing to get proper medical treatment for their children.
- Drug/substance abuse: Representation of parents accused of neglect and abuse by way of their own drug or substance addictions.
- High profile: Representation of mother in a publicized case who was accused of trading her child for drugs.
- High profile: Representation of families involved in highly publicized murder-suicide.
- Physical/sexual abuse: Representation of parents accused of physically or sexually abusing children.