Leslie practices family law at Gregg R. Woodnick, PLLC. She has experience representing a diverse clientele in matters involving divorce, custody, relocation, paternity, spousal maintenance, property division, post-decree modification, military family law issues and appeals.
Leslie received her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the Sandra Day O'Connor School of Law at Arizona State University. Leslie was also a Senior Editor for Jurimetrics, the ABA Journal for Law, Science, and Technology. Leslie received her Bachelor of Science in Economics, summa cum laude, from the Barrett Honors College at Arizona State University.
Committed to community service, Leslie participates in a number of community and legal organizations. For example, in 2009, as Chair of the Maricopa County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Committee on Domestic Violence, Leslie created the Legal Assistance to Women in Shelters ("LAWS") Program. Through the LAWS Program, volunteer attorneys present legal seminars to domestic violence shelters in Maricopa County to provide them with the tools they need to feel more comfortable and confident representing themselves in Court. Leslie was awarded Maricopa County Bar Association Young Lawyer Member of the Year in 2009 and Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year in 2011 for her efforts in creating the LAWS Program.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona, J.D (Cum Laude)- 2006
-B.S (Summa Cum Laude)- 2004
- Arizona State University, Barrett Honors College, Tempe, Arizona
-Minor: Political Science
- Family Law Fundamentals: Identifying and Dividing Property, MCBA, 2011
- Family Law Trial Advocacy, MCBA, 2011
- Your Life in Law: Candid Advice for New Lawyers, MCBA, 2010, 2011.
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Southwest Rising Star, 2012
- State Bar of Arizona Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- ASU College of Law Outstanding Community Service, 2011
- MCBA Young Lawyer Division, Member of the Year, 2009
- ASU College of Law Pro Bono Distinction, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Board Member, 2007-2010
- MCBA Young Lawyers Division, Vice Chair, 2011
- MCBA Young Lawyers Division Chair 2012
- MCBA Family Law Section, Director, 2008- 2010
- MCBA Family Law Section, Research Assistant, 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Nirenstein Garnice PLC, Associate Attorney, 2006 -20011
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Extern for Judge Kessler, 2006
- ASU College of Law, Research Assistant, 2005
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Assistance to Women in Shelters (LAWS), 2009-2011